Amazon Outlaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Outlaw

My backdated 66 coupe with a few upgrades. IPD big bore B20 with twin Weber DCOEs, M41 w/ P1800 trans tunnel and shift assembly, genuine 123GT seats/tribute interior, IPD springs and swaybars, American Racing Original Torque Thrust 15x7.

Stunning car mate. I think I might just have to have a black 122 in my shed when the 1800 is finished.

Comment

Here is a few detail shots. Seats are original units from a genuine 123GT. Aftermarket steering wheel and dash mount tach as tribute.
      Last edited by R32rennsport; 05-02-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

From under the hood. Stacks for show, filter for everyday.

Comment

• Rockdr07
          Rockdr07 commented
          Editing a comment
          Super nice and very clean!

I went with rebuilt SU's on my B20 B in my '67 Amazon wagon,
          but Mikunis or Weber's may be calling in the future!

Thanks for sharing the pics! Absolutely love both interior and exterior. Did you do the engine work? Looking for help on my 1966 Amazon

Comment

Stunning car! Not sure what's better looking, the interior or engine bay.. I look forward to seeing more pics.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I did do all my own work on this car except for the machine work and headliner.

This picture was from around 6 years ago before I back dated the body work and when I was sporting my wide steel wheels (still have them).

Comment

That woodgrain steering wheel blends in with the seat very nicely. Thanks for posting the images.

Comment

Shot a video and some pictures with a photographer the other night. Hoping to have some content to share in the future!

Comment

How much hp do you figure your motor is putting out?

Comment

Originally posted by Cardog View Post
                    How much hp do you figure your motor is putting out?
                    The engine, though a big bore B20 spec'd out to 2135cc, was built as a torque/endurance unit. Low compression and mild cam, though I haven't dyno'd the car it feels like 120hp at the wheels and maybe 140 torque compared to other cars I've driven. Not blistering fast but enough to have fun over the course of cross country travel if I wanted to.

Comment

I love the brown valve cover, compliments the yellow of the fan nicely. Stunning car!

Comment

I can look at these vintage models all day long. Great photo and thanks for posting it.

Comment

Well the numbers are in. 110HP/ 110TQ at the wheels corrected. Without correction is just under 130HP at the flywheel.

Comment

Checked another item off my project list this weekend. I've been running cut down progressive springs for years, it was always mean't as a temporary solution to dialing in my ride height but at approx. 60mm drop from stock I've came to the conclusion that the car is both too low for practical enjoyment when driving the car aggressively as well as having pretty poor vehicle dynamics. I decided to pick up and try a set of the readily available and inexpensive 30mm Lesjofors. Visually the car is very subtly raised between 3/4-1inch, dynamically though the car feels completely different with the biggest difference at the front of the car with improved travel, geometry and increase in spring rate. The old front springs were 8 coils, the new springs are 6 coils and spring diameter is +.5mm. Overall I'm very happy with this change and eagerly await to test overall dynamics next month at our local PCA autocross, the last event I attended the car had pronounced nose dive which in turn would cause early lock up at the rear wheels.

Comment

Working...
                            X