Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32rennsport
    replied
    Most recent project was installing matching rear locking reel seat belts in the rear so for the first time since owner this car in over 10 years the whole family can ride along. Time to start making memories. First trip was to the coast for dinner by the ocean.

Leave a comment:

• R32rennsport
    replied
    Updated wheels to genuine Shelby Cobra 427 knock off wheels with full pin drive conversion. Not an easy nor cheap feat but I'm happy with the results. Also changed to a twin tip sport muffler paired with the Simons exhaust.

Leave a comment:

• R32rennsport
    replied

Leave a comment:

• R32rennsport
    replied

Leave a comment:

• R32rennsport
    replied
    Lots to catch up on, I'm more frequent over on TB.

Upgraded the rear end to a factory NOS limited slip (lots of fun putting the power down now!) and finally wired up the driving lights. Other then that I really have just been driving the wheels off of it and taking LOTS of pictures. Plans are in the works for an even more upgraded B20 for 2022, stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• R32rennsport
    replied
    So happy to share this short film with everyone!

https://youtu.be/SwYFDK3-GbU

Leave a comment:

• R32rennsport
    replied
    !!! VIDEO !!!

https://youtu.be/Laa6aBF4hLw

I had a blast this weekend tossing the old girl around. Not the fastest way around a track by any means but it put a big smile on my face and everyone else that was watching. Some proper tires and a limited slip out back and I'll be in business. The new Porterfield RS 4 pads completely transformed the car and I highly recommend them for anyone that drives their vintage Volvo hard, great for a daily as well with no brake noise! The new 30mm drop springs kept the vehicle dynamics noticeably tighter then the lower 60mm setup but if I were to continue doing events like this I would definitely need some higher spring rates, these are a good all around setup though.

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• R32rennsport
    replied

Leave a comment:

• R32rennsport
    replied
    Checked another item off my project list this weekend. I've been running cut down progressive springs for years, it was always mean't as a temporary solution to dialing in my ride height but at approx. 60mm drop from stock I've came to the conclusion that the car is both too low for practical enjoyment when driving the car aggressively as well as having pretty poor vehicle dynamics. I decided to pick up and try a set of the readily available and inexpensive 30mm Lesjofors. Visually the car is very subtly raised between 3/4-1inch, dynamically though the car feels completely different with the biggest difference at the front of the car with improved travel, geometry and increase in spring rate. The old front springs were 8 coils, the new springs are 6 coils and spring diameter is +.5mm. Overall I'm very happy with this change and eagerly await to test overall dynamics next month at our local PCA autocross, the last event I attended the car had pronounced nose dive which in turn would cause early lock up at the rear wheels.

Leave a comment:

• R32rennsport
    replied
    Well the numbers are in. 110HP/ 110TQ at the wheels corrected. Without correction is just under 130HP at the flywheel.

Leave a comment:

• IPD-Sin
    replied
    I can look at these vintage models all day long. Great photo and thanks for posting it.

Leave a comment:

• IPD-PaulK
    replied
    I love the brown valve cover, compliments the yellow of the fan nicely. Stunning car!

Leave a comment:

• R32rennsport
    replied
    Originally posted by Cardog View Post
    How much hp do you figure your motor is putting out?
    The engine, though a big bore B20 spec'd out to 2135cc, was built as a torque/endurance unit. Low compression and mild cam, though I haven't dyno'd the car it feels like 120hp at the wheels and maybe 140 torque compared to other cars I've driven. Not blistering fast but enough to have fun over the course of cross country travel if I wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• Cardog
    replied
    How much hp do you figure your motor is putting out?

Leave a comment:

• R32rennsport
    replied
    Shot a video and some pictures with a photographer the other night. Hoping to have some content to share in the future!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X