Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPD Front Air Dam 122 models. GO or No Go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPD Front Air Dam 122 models. GO or No Go.

Dear Community,

Many moons ago we created molds for front Air Dams/Spoilers for 122/1800 models. We're working with the manufacture on upgrading the molds and possibly bringing back these spoilers if the price is appropriate. We used to offer these Air Dams right around the $130 retail. Unfortunately after investing in the mold and new manufacturing cost, retail is coming in around $275.00. I figured this would be the best place to put out some feelers around this product. Would you be willing to pay that price if we moved forward? If not what price point to you feel is feasible. Thank you for your input and feedback.

Chris
    Chris Delano
    IPD Vice President
    800-444-6473
    [email protected]

V70R Flash Green Test Mule / 2012 XC70 AT Project / 2002 XC70 Soccer Car.

My two cents...

I've personally never felt like they flowed with the Swedish design of the car when used by themselves. Integrating the bumper with them helps but I still feel like the corners don't flow into the arches of the fenders. I'd really like to see a body panel made fit to make the front of the car look as gorgeous as say an Alfa Romeo GTV/A without bumpers, hell, even a VW beetle looks great without bumpers. It's beyond me why the designers decided to not extend the body work down another 10 or 12 inches. Same goes for the back of the car but it's not as bad I suppose. Using the bumper as a body panel was just plain lazy in my opinion. I've actually toyed with the idea of just a simple wedge air dam like those used on 70's era cars in Trans Am racing. It's always seemed to me that something was missing from the front of the car from the bumper down.

Comment

Originally posted by R32rennsport View Post
      My two cents...

I've personally never felt like they flowed with the Swedish design of the car when used by themselves. Integrating the bumper with them helps but I still feel like the corners don't flow into the arches of the fenders. I'd really like to see a body panel made fit to make the front of the car look as gorgeous as say an Alfa Romeo GTV/A without bumpers, hell, even a VW beetle looks great without bumpers. It's beyond me why the designers decided to not extend the body work down another 10 or 12 inches. Same goes for the back of the car but it's not as bad I suppose. Using the bumper as a body panel was just plain lazy in my opinion. I've actually toyed with the idea of just a simple wedge air dam like those used on 70's era cars in Trans Am racing. It's always seemed to me that something was missing from the front of the car from the bumper down.
      Awesome feedback! Thank you for the post.

Chris
      Chris Delano
      IPD Vice President
      800-444-6473
      [email protected]

V70R Flash Green Test Mule / 2012 XC70 AT Project / 2002 XC70 Soccer Car.

Comment

Why not include photos of it mounted on a 122?
        ASE Certified Mechanic
        Journeyman Body & Frame Repair Technician
        855 Turbo ALMOST "R"
        V70R
        C55 AMG
        Grey market Brabus
        BMW 540 touring
        BMW 525 touring
        BMW 325 touring
        Lotus Esprit. settle down, it's a 77 S1
        LOOKING FOR AN E30 WAGON

Comment

Would love a cool air dam as well as a cool rear spoiler for a wagon. Do you have pics of what they look like?

Comment

Here you go......

Comment

Working...
            X