@gotheframe’s bagged Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @gotheframe’s bagged Amazon

Last edited by @gotheframe; 09-09-2020, 08:15 PM.
    1967 Volvo Amazon | IG @gotheframe

Untitled by gotheframe, on Flickr

Comment

A brief history: back in 2012 I located this Amazon in IPD’s classified section and flew my brother and I out to Oregon to road trip back to Indianapolis.

Previous owner swapped to a ‘74 B20E and replaced the M40 with a J-Type M41 for the plus one gear. Made highway driving a breeze.

Discovered a leaking pinion seal in Utah that I topped off at every fuel stop thereafter.

Toured Antelope Island within the Great Salt Lake.

And arrived home 3days (2 driving straight) and 2500mi later in Indianapolis.

Comment

What kind of highways speeds and rpm are you traveling with M41?
        i have a 1966 and going on highway is painful with only 4 speed. Block appears to be solid as rebuilt by previous owner. Looking for economical solutions. Would love to rev it up with a T5 but probably a b23 is more realistic

Comment

Originally posted by VolvoKing View Post
          What kind of highways speeds and rpm are you traveling with M41?
          i have a 1966 and going on highway is painful with only 4 speed. Block appears to be solid as rebuilt by previous owner. Looking for economical solutions. Would love to rev it up with a T5 but probably a b23 is more realistic
          I don’t have a tachometer but I’ve had it 80+mph and it’s felt comfortable. I have driven without a M41 and feel your pain. 60 sounds like it’s screaming.

Comment

The plan: RideTech RideProX with Leveling, Single Viair 444c, Slam Speciality RE5 in front and Firestone sleeves in back.

Last night before going under the knife

the next day

The rear upper triangulated link curved to intrude less into seat pan

The rear bottom link and drop bag mount

Rear axle reinstalled

Wheel mock up with a 16x9 ET0 just to see how it fits.

Front cross member. Wasn’t going to start this way and just trim what was necessary to fit the bag but felt this was the right way to go about it for my goals in the end.

Cross member reinstalled along with new calipers, rotors and bushings.

Being silly with 22s that were laying around in the shop.

Started off with a 5gal tank but reworked it to fit everything behind the spare tire. While it compromises tank capacity I get to actually use the trunk for things like strollers, lawn chairs, or groceries and still have room for installing a custom sound system under the rear deck.

Lots of things off to powder coat.

Comment

Smoothies couldn’t go back on because tire size was too large and I was wanting to drift away from American hot rod style on a European car. I had (5) oem wheels that came in the spares package purchased with the car so I had them blasted and powder coated. Oddly, I had (3) 4.5”w and (2) 4”w. So the thin 4s went on the front and the 4.5s on the back.
              Checking out rear fitment.

Thin wheels need thin tires and I really wanted to go with a classic looking tire rather than modern. Sourced Vredestein Classic Sprints in a 155/81/r15.

Mmmm thin mints

Chasing that euro look I went with the cap inserts rather than hub cap centers.

Installed and wrapping up suspension. First time wheels back on car in 6mths so this was exciting
              Untitled by gotheframe, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks for posting up your 122. This would make for a great read on our Blog section. I would recommend you write up your story and submit that to our Marketing Team. We're looking forward to your submission. Thanks and have a great day.

Comment

Stunning. Looks like a hovercraft that close to the ground! Amazing work with all that fabrication too, thanks a lot for sharing dude.
                  Customer Service guy | [email protected] | 800-444-6473 ext. 181

Comment

That is awesome 👏

Comment

Originally posted by IPD-Sin View Post
                      Thanks for posting up your 122. This would make for a great read on our Blog section. I would recommend you write up your story and submit that to our Marketing Team. We're looking forward to your submission. Thanks and have a great day.
                      Thanks for the consideration!

Originally posted by IPD-PaulK View Post
                      Stunning. Looks like a hovercraft that close to the ground! Amazing work with all that fabrication too, thanks a lot for sharing dude.
                      👍 Thanks for the compliments! I have to give a shot out to Mike at Uncle Bub’s Garage for fab work.

Originally posted by das60rlion View Post
                      That is awesome 👏
                      Thank you! 🙏🏻

Comment

Yes yes yes. Excellent build. Amazing quality and attention to detail! My only gripe is it's not a wagon =]

Comment

Originally posted by Wienerschleiden View Post
                          Yes yes yes. Excellent build. Amazing quality and attention to detail! My only gripe is it's not a wagon =]
                          🙏🏻 Thanks! Wagons are always the right answer. 🙃

Comment

Very Nice work man. Curious if you went with disc brakes in the rear? Im doing a '68 wagon and swapping in a 71 1800 axle, the ads for the discs
                            sound sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by ohiwish View Post
                              Very Nice work man. Curious if you went with disc brakes in the rear? Im doing a '68 wagon and swapping in a 71 1800 axle, the ads for the discs
                              sound sweet!
                              I just modified my stock real axle for bags, blasted, rebuilt, and put back in with new drum brakes. If I were to do it again, I’d do either a Ford 7.5 or 8“ rearend. Parts are much easier and cheaper to come by with the added benefit of staying 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

Comment

Working...
                              X