• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dripping coolant.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C736142D-6303-4614-8315-1F1F3EEBBF0B.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	6256 Sorry the pic is sideways. My 1969 142 is leaking coolant from a gasket behind where the AC tensioner pulley mounts. It is just to the side of the thermostat tucked under the mounting bracket. The hose is solid and goes to the side of the exhaust manifold. Does anyone know what gasket this is? I have all spare gaskets from ipd but can’t find a match.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	C736142D-6303-4614-8315-1F1F3EEBBF0B.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	6255
    Last edited by Topher; 06-21-2021, 09:07 PM.

That pipe sends coolant to a port at your carb base to help with cold-weather fuel atomization. The FI cars use it for the aux air valve. Either way, it helps with A/F ratio and atomization, but it's not crucial to keeping your car running.

You can make the gasket yourself from gasket paper from any auto parts store. I put a link below to CVR. They have the gasket. The part number is 418214.

I often just eliminate it with a block off plate. Here's a pic of a blockoff plate I made from some 3/16 steel with a quick smear of RTV on the back.

https://classicvolvorestoration.com/...cylinder-head/
    Last edited by Jrv6a; 06-22-2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks so much! I did some more research too and apparently I have a factory oil cooler that was an option on the B20b engines. Since it gets up to the 120s here I’m going to try to fabricate a new gasket and keep the oil cooling system going. If I didn’t live in the desert I would be calling it off and removing the system.

Comment

Working...
      X