Bad Banana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Banana

This is the Bad Banana. She's a '73 with 210k miles. I bought her last fall from the original owner from a craigslist advert. I flew up to San Francisco and drover her home to Escondido. I'm in process of getting some routine maintenance issues closed out in preparation for a cross country drive when it becomes safe once again to travel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	49862387252_1f4e99a700_b.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	845

Click image for larger version

Name:	49862388087_5dfc4ca5f8_b.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	846

These 2 pics are before and after realigning the driver's side doors this past week.

Regards,
    Ron

That is one beautiful looking car! It's definitely getting harder to find these things in this type of condition. I love the factory roof rack as well. Thank you for sharing. We appreciate you contributing to this community!
    Chris Delano
    IPD Vice President
    800-444-6473
    [email protected]

V70R Flash Green Test Mule / 2012 XC70 T6 Aventyr Project / 2010 XC60 T6 Aventyr Project / 2002 XC70 Soccer Car.

Comment

Sweet! I've always liked the Virgos on the 145. You should lower the snout to match the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrv6a View Post
        Sweet! I've always liked the Virgos on the 145.
        Thank you. I like them too.

Originally posted by Jrv6a View Post
        You should lower the snout to match the back.
        The rear arches on the 140s are smaller than the fronts. As a result the front wheels and tires don't fill up the wheel wells like the ones out back so that the nose looks higher than it actually is. However the car handles extremely well with stock springs and the large diameter IPD sway bars front and rear. Since lowering the nose will restrict suspension travel and mess up the geometry with a resultant deterioration in handling I won't be lowering the nose.

Comment

Thanks for the intel. I grew up building old Mustangs, and we used to relocate the upper control arms when we lowered them. You've got me thinking I should look around for into on that with these cars. Here's mine after lowering springs. I've been a little unhappy with the stance - rear a little too low compared to front. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200110_171715 4.04.25 PM.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	3044

Comment

Working...
          X