Tail light issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail light issue

1990 740 base. New purchase, I knew the passenger side tail light was out but silly me, I assumed a new 5w bulb was needed. Nope. All other lights in that cluster work (reverse, turn, brake...) and I have made sure the harness clip is good, contacts are clean etc. Thoughts?

Had a turn signal go out on my 850. Replaced bulb and still didn’t work. Opened up fuse panel and had a bad fuse

Comment

Originally posted by matt1958 View Post
      1990 740 base. New purchase, I knew the passenger side tail light was out but silly me, I assumed a new 5w bulb was needed. Nope. All other lights in that cluster work (reverse, turn, brake...) and I have made sure the harness clip is good, contacts are clean etc. Thoughts?
      Replace both L & R bulbs at the same time. Earlier integrity circuits work by balanced load detection. Also dismount the lenses and check the bulb contact "landings" for deformation from heat, not to mention corrosion on both the lens assembly and the bulb holder contacts. Maybe take a small hook and pull the center contacts toward the bulb in the bulb holder to improve tension of contact.

Comment

Working...
      X