Engine Ticking, High Voltage, and of course a check engine light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Ticking, High Voltage, and of course a check engine light

Really looking for some help, knowledge, or even someone who might even be willing to meet up in portland, OR (socially distanced) with this one if possible.

I recently drove my 2004 V70R in the snow for a few days and due to a bot more tire spinning than the cars seen. A "high Voltage stop immediately" message came on and the car eventually went into limp mode. I need up using the warranty on the battery to switch it out which temporarily solved the problem for a few days.

Today the check engine light came on and I started to hear some whining and ticking from the engine (see video).

I'm not sure what to do next, definitely going to have to take it to a shop but I did read a few codes that I added below, If anyone has some time to suggest anything that I might be able to do please let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqDE...ture=emb_title

A generic scanner is of almost no use. Spend a little money and get a VIDA-DiCE. If you have an old laptop great otherwise you can buy the whole setup for a few hundy. It'll be money well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by 05V70RGT View Post
      A generic scanner is of almost no use. Spend a little money and get a VIDA-DiCE. If you have an old laptop great otherwise you can buy the whole setup for a few hundy. It'll be money well spent.
      This is sound advice. If you can't spring for a VIDA/DICE rig, you're luckily in a good town to find someone who does. If you're on Facebook, join Volvo Owners of the Pacific Northwest and make a post asking for folks with VIDA/DICE who might be able to give you a scan. Your alternative is having a Volvo shop do it at a price, or have the dealership do it for about as much (or more) as buying your own VIDA set up would cost in the first place. For electronic gremlins this is the best route to go down. Good luck!
      Customer Service guy | [email protected] | 800-444-6473 ext. 181

Comment

>>Spend a little money and get a VIDA-DiCE.<<

I don't know what qualifies as "... a little money..." any more but IF you can find a DICE interface, they aint cheep and most of the VIDA software is defective (at least in my experience).

Comment

I paid 140 and the seller remotely installed it onto my old, empty lap top. Easy and no issues.

eBay look for someone who has a great rating with thousands of sales
          Last edited by 05V70RGT; 03-02-2021, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X