ground up restoration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ground up restoration?

Anyone doing any ground up restorations in the Northwest or West on Volvos? I have a high mileage but good condition 2004 S60R six speed that I'm tired of tinkering with, would like to make it new again and setup for sale perhaps in the next 5-10 years.

Just bought an 07 s60r auto with 147k for 2000$, needs some love forsure, but plan to get it back on the road some time in the next year, it’s not a ground up restoration but will require a lot of work,time and money. Are you talking like completely disassemble and put the car on a rotisserie?

Comment

Yes exactly! new car!

Comment

What's your budget and what exactly do you want/expect?

Comment

My expectation is show quality restoration and budget is commiserate with that.

Comment

Well I think you would be the first to have a restoration like that. For the money you would spend on that project I think you could find a low mileage R car with the m66 and save yourself the headache. Maybe even find a unicorn flash green/ atacama or laser blue/ atacama. If you are dead stuck on a restoration of your car, maybe google Volvo only repair shops around your area and start asking around. I’m curious about what you may find. Keep us posted

Comment

Thanks how often do low mileage Rs come up?

Comment

Pretty often. Keep an eye on bring a trailer and cars and bids. Both cool online auction sites that have some cool cars. There was a low mileage V70R m66 that sold for 15k a few months back

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1995 Volvo 850 T-5R 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #47,946.

Comment

Or maybe you are interested in a rare t5-r?

Comment

My shop starts at 10k for a same color exterior paint job. No door jambs, no under hood, just R&I all trim and bumpers and refinish. Any damage ie dings, dents, scratches are all extra.

Comment

Working...
                      X