Lambda Warning Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambda Warning Light

I recently bought my 1994 850 turbo off Bring-a-trailer and got it back from the shop that did a pre delivery inspection on it. The original owner drove the car as a daily driver for 10 years (1994 - 2004); the car then sat in a garage for 16 years. The seller I bought the car from bought it in May of this year and drained all the fluids, replaced the timing chain and flushed the brakes.

I got the car from the shop yesterday after they did their pre delivery inspection and then I drove the car about 200 miles between yesterday and today. After idling for maybe 5 minutes in my driveway before setting off today, the Lambda warning light came on. If I remember correctly the Lambda light has something to do with the exhaust system? Could my o2 sensor be clogged or fouled?

I think the Lambda light is just the check engine light in Volvo's not originally for the US market (which the bring a trailer listing states this one was a Canadian market car). You'll need to check the code to see what may be going on.

Comment

Lambda Sond is basically the predecessor to the modern oxygen sensor so, your check engine lite is on
      Last edited by 05V70RGT; 08-01-2020, 07:55 PM.
      ASE Certified Mechanic
      Journeyman Body & Frame Repair Technician
      855 Turbo ALMOST "R"
      V70R
      C55 AMG
      Grey market Brabus
      BMW 540 touring
      BMW 525 touring
      BMW 325 touring
      Lotus Esprit. settle down, it's a 77 S1
      LOOKING FOR AN E30 WAGON

Comment

Great thanks for the quick response. I'll check it tomorrow when I get back to the shop.

Comment

Well, what's the word?
          ASE Certified Mechanic
          Journeyman Body & Frame Repair Technician
          855 Turbo ALMOST "R"
          V70R
          C55 AMG
          Grey market Brabus
          BMW 540 touring
          BMW 525 touring
          BMW 325 touring
          Lotus Esprit. settle down, it's a 77 S1