850R no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 850R no start

Hey.. my 850 R daily recently just dies...no restart. Has good cranking have good spark And pressure at the rail.. plugs stay dry so injectors arent pulsing. The relay is good all connections are checked and tight.Last year i replaced coolant temp sensor. Any ideas?? Thanks

Injector grounds and block to chassis ground?
    Last edited by 05V70RGT; 11-29-2020, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Cold engine will start and restart fine.. as soon as hits half way on temp gauge then it will not restart.. does the coolant temp sensor control the fuel injection on start up?
      Last edited by 850ARE; 11-30-2020, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Yup. Toss a new one in and...

Comment

Ill toss on genuine thermostat while im there.. ill report back results this weekend

Comment

Well??? What's the scoop???

Comment

Hey. Replaced coolant temp sensor and also a new genuine thermostat. Fires right up again.. gotta love it..360,000 miles .... just had good ice and snow storm.. went great... cheers

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Godamn thing did it again. Wouldnt restart , i unplugged the sensor and it started... i guess i try genuine volvo sensor....

Comment

I had genuine volvo ECT for a week .. now same issue... will not restart... im completely stumped on this one

Comment

You need to check the block to chassis gnd. I usually make extras and bolt them on.

Comment

Where is that ground located?? Would that cause an intermitent no restart. But once started always run great?

Comment

Usually bolted to front of the engine to the left frame rail. Since you seem to have access to bone yard cars, just find a ground cable off of anything and bolt it from the block to the chassis. See if that helps. It's obviously something like a bad wire or connection. Where are you located?
                          Last edited by 05V70RGT; 12-29-2020, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Im in NH... ill try the ground. Worth a shot..... The four wires that plug up into the injector relay above the fan have all been rewired years ago . Recheck them all they seem fine to me. The fact that it works fine and then cut out completely makes me think those connections are all good
                            Last edited by 850ARE; 12-30-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

It's so difficult to diagnose stuff for 2500+ miles

Comment

Working...
                              X