1994 850 T5 Wagon Auto Trans Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 850 T5 Wagon Auto Trans Issue

As the title states, I'm having issues with my transmission.
    I started my car and started driving, but my transmission was slipping. After checking the level, I added a quart of ATF and a bit of Lucas Stop slip, and it seems to be back to normal, but it does occasionally slip in 1st.
    I also have the up arrow flashing (which I am aware is a transmission fault).
    I'm curious about how to diagnose the light and possibly reset the computer (I tried to reset it by disconnecting the battery for a few hours, to no avail). Do I need to buy an OBD1 scanner or will the paperclip method work as well?

Have you tried disconnecting both terminals and touching them together for 30 seconds

Comment

Your built in obd-1 system should give you a code to point you in the right direction. A1 is for the transmission, as well as A5, which covers the transmission control unit.

Comment

Here is video for the codes - LINK

Comment

I believe only 95 had the built in code reader but I could be wrong. Its been known to happen.

Comment

1993 to 1995

Comment

• TheVolvoNut
              TheVolvoNut commented
              Editing a comment
              You beat me to it tony! We have a 93 auto-tragic with our volvo stash.
          Working...
          X