No announcement yet.

850 Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-C-P Euro has the tool for removing the serpentine belt. It's around $18.
    Last edited by Tonyfr; 03-14-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Found it and bought it thanks. Tomorrow I think we’re gonna remove the axles.

Comment

• Remember to take pics along the way to reference for later.. like every member said so far...zip lock bags for nuts and bolts and a sharpie. Label everything!

Comment

• I already have a bunch of bags ready and I’m writing notes about each one along with taking videos

Comment

• Transmission came the other day but no other parts came with it all I got was the transmission. I know there is a clutch kit on ipd but it says non-turbo. Would that work or should I try to find the parts elsewhere.

Comment

• Did that lady you got it from scam you ?
              A non-turbo clutch kit will work on a turbo but if you can source a complete parts car it may be better to just get it all in one swoop.

Comment

• Yeah I was thinking about searching for a whole car but I hope she didn’t scam me. I’ll send her a email just to ask her if she knows anything about those parts.

Comment

• The lady got back to me and Friday she said she’ll help me out in finding the parts

Comment

• Any updates?

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing

Comment

• Yeah sorry we just got the engine out yesterday but I worked on it for like 10 hours so I just went to bed. Removal went fine. We broke a few bolts and things here and there throughout the process but nothing major we can’t replace. Transmission is here and we have parts on the way to complete it but still no sign on the new engine.

Comment

• Here’s a picture of the engine out some parts for the transmission come tomorrow otherwise I’m just waiting for the engine.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Well, I don't want to sound like your dad but I'm proud of you. You grabbed the bull by the horns and did what you needed to do. Nice job!

Comment

• Got some good news, the engine should be shipped out tomorrow so hopefully end of this week it’ll be here.

Comment

• Any updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X