Announcement

Collapse

Volvos Through the Gorge - Volvo Car Cruise

It has been quite some time since we have been able to get together. During this unfortunate time everyone has been doing their best to navigate through unforeseen challenges. That’s why three prolific members of the Volvo community figured it would be best to partner up and host a car show before summer ends. IPD, Vol-Tech, and DLR Nordic got together and organized a car meet followed up by a drive through the majestic Columbia River Gorge ending up at Murphy’s Family Watering Hole in Bingen Washington. We hope you’ll join us for lunch. This is purely a gathering of enthusiasts looking to have some fun and chat about their Volvo. We look forward to seeing you September 25th!

SATURDAY 25th 8:30am

CAR MEET AND DRIVE THROUGH THE GORGE EVENT

We will meet at IPD Volvo at 8:30am. If the main lot gets full we will start parking cars along Ainsworth Circle right outside of IPD’s driveway. For those who want to go for a drive through the Columbia River Gorge, we will leave IPD at 10AM. The caravan will hit I-205 North and then head out HWY 14 East to Bingen Washington (directly across from Hood River) For those of you joining us for lunch at Murphy’s Family Watering Hole you will receive a $5.00 off coupon.

Note***** IPD, DLR Nordic, and Vol-tech are not responsible for any incidents or accidents that may occur during this drive event. Everyone who attends will be driving and participating at their own risk.
See more
See less

850 Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah sorry we just got the engine out yesterday but I worked on it for like 10 hours so I just went to bed. Removal went fine. We broke a few bolts and things here and there throughout the process but nothing major we can’t replace. Transmission is here and we have parts on the way to complete it but still no sign on the new engine.

Comment

• Here’s a picture of the engine out some parts for the transmission come tomorrow otherwise I’m just waiting for the engine.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Well, I don't want to sound like your dad but I'm proud of you. You grabbed the bull by the horns and did what you needed to do. Nice job!

Comment

• Got some good news, the engine should be shipped out tomorrow so hopefully end of this week it’ll be here.

Comment

• Engine got delayed again so it should be here 4/28. For now I'm just waiting for that and doing some research about an exhaust system. I'm getting a anti-lag tune and all of the exhaust that I'm finding have catalytic converters and I'm pretty sure I can't run anti lag with a cat. If anyone knows if I can or not please let me know or if you know a good exhaust system.

Comment

• Still nothing, now they're saying Monday or Tuesday so we'll just have to see. It's at the distribution center so hopefully it gets sent out soon.

Comment

• He's WAY too young to get that reference. But LMAO

Comment

• Actually I do get that reference. Ferris Bueller is a great movie. But after all this time it finally showed up. My dad's grabbing it while I'm at school so tonight I'll take a look at it and see if I need to do anything with it or buy any more parts.

Comment

• Nice! Replace as many sensors n stuff as you can. Much more pleasant with motor out.

Comment

• Engine looks to be in really good shape and I got everything with it including the ecu. I'm going to get better fuel injectors and I'm looking for ignition coils for a coil on plug switch.

Comment

• From what I’ve heard the coil conversion is a pain and nets you very little if any power gains. It’s not my build but my opinion is stick with the cap and rotor setup. Also bigger injectors will only work with a tuned ecu.

Comment

• I've already ordered a tuned ecu and that comes with the cop conversion. Aaron from Vast Tuning Sends a wiring harness and everything for the cop and all you need to get yourself in the ignition coil.

Comment

• We're at a current halt. We're not sure what transmission it is and we need to replace the a part on it but the vin they gave us says that the transmission is a AWD one but it's a FWD one. We're trying to figure it out but so far nothing.

Comment

• Hi There,
                              Just saw this thread and I'll chip in - he does not have a burn valve. the signs/symptoms of a burnt valve would be a constant misfire at all rpm's and loss of power. BTDT.
                              Mine continued to run for 4 months as a daily driver with one while I was sourcing a head out of a salvage yard and rebuilding it on my workbench.

Comment

• Yeah you're a bit lit lol but I still have the engine and I'm planning on taking it apart and repairing it. I've done some research and found a guy with the same sound coming from his engine as me so I'm like 90% sure I bent a rod but I'll just have to wait and see once I take it apart. Were still waiting on information on the transmission to see what one it is. The stamping on the top was removed so the only thing we can go off of is the vin and we were given was not the correct one. Were trying to replace the synchro ring in the transmission but we need the type of transmission first.

Comment

Working...
                                X