Announcement

Collapse

Volvos Through the Gorge - Volvo Car Cruise

It has been quite some time since we have been able to get together. During this unfortunate time everyone has been doing their best to navigate through unforeseen challenges. That’s why three prolific members of the Volvo community figured it would be best to partner up and host a car show before summer ends. IPD, Vol-Tech, and DLR Nordic got together and organized a car meet followed up by a drive through the majestic Columbia River Gorge ending up at Murphy’s Family Watering Hole in Bingen Washington. We hope you’ll join us for lunch. This is purely a gathering of enthusiasts looking to have some fun and chat about their Volvo. We look forward to seeing you September 25th!

SATURDAY 25th 8:30am

CAR MEET AND DRIVE THROUGH THE GORGE EVENT

We will meet at IPD Volvo at 8:30am. If the main lot gets full we will start parking cars along Ainsworth Circle right outside of IPD’s driveway. For those who want to go for a drive through the Columbia River Gorge, we will leave IPD at 10AM. The caravan will hit I-205 North and then head out HWY 14 East to Bingen Washington (directly across from Hood River) For those of you joining us for lunch at Murphy’s Family Watering Hole you will receive a $5.00 off coupon.

Note***** IPD, DLR Nordic, and Vol-tech are not responsible for any incidents or accidents that may occur during this drive event. Everyone who attends will be driving and participating at their own risk.
See more
See less

850 Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really do want to learn manual if I can get my hands on a manual trans for it I’ll probably take it. One again it’s going to a shop so I won’t have to worry about putting it in. Also I’m not necessarily looking to buy a whole car so I’m just gonna see what I can get my hands on.

Comment

I’m starting to see what everyone is talking about now. It is a lot harder than I thought to find one. I spent all day looking and the only lead I got was a bust and I’m struggling to even find a glt engine. Does anyone have any recommendations for other types of engines that work well with 850s?

Comment

Try LKQ auto wrecking they ship nation wide. I got a transmission for my 850 8 years ago had 95k miles on it

Comment

Like I said, I've got the 05 V70R for sale. Kick ass parts car.

grab a uhaul and a trailer and come get it

Comment

Found a 2.4 turbo motor on LKQ in Rhode Island with 119k and another in Idaho with 85k

Comment

I’ll try LKQ and if it comes too it I might have to grab the v70 but I’m gonna try and get a engine first. I’ve put it some request for one on different sites so I’ll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Keep us posted

Comment

Do a compression check.. i bet you have a burnt exhaust valve..not an expensive fix if you do yourself. I have an 850r wagon parts car.. come take the engine.. no ECM though.

Comment

So I looked up lkq and found 2 engines but they both say 2.4L turbo but from what I know I thought only the 2.3L engines had turbos. I’ll post the link to the one I’m looking at. It says it only has 85k miles on it so I’m guessing it’s still in good shape.
                    https://www.lkqonline.com/1997-VOLVO...P/-i~265789284

Comment

There is a possibility it’s mislabeled on the site and could be a 2.3 if not the 2.4 would be from an s70

Comment

1049$ for just engine... yikes

Comment

Yeah I agree that is a bit rough but 85k miles isn’t that bad and if you take care they’ll last forever. But then that brings up the question or transmission and I still have to call if that’s the correct engine because it says a 2.4L and turbo.

Comment

Shoot, I'll give you my entire car for 1500.

Comment

850ARE may have a point about doing a compression check, you could have a burnt valve which would only require the head being taken off and rebuilt with all new valves, labor wise would be cheaper then a complete engine swap. Worth looking into ?

Comment

But v70rgt offer of 1500$ is very tempting

Comment

Working...
                                X