No announcement yet.

850 Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve looked into repairing it but we took it in and they guy said he would have to take it out and send it somewhere else to be stripped apart and rebuilt so it would just be cheaper to buy a new engine. If v70rgt keeps tempting me I might have 2 volvos to start dealing with lol.

Comment

I heard it, just now, it called your name...
      it went "hey, psssst"
      if I didn't have over 10 cars, I'd keep it. I need the room so my loss, your gain. Come get it
      I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area so...

Comment

Yeah about that, I live in Michigan soooooooo...

Comment

Like I said, grab a buddy, rent a uhaul and a trailer, it's AWD so needs all wheels off ground to tow, head on out.

Comment

Its a California rust free car. No accidents.

Comment

A one way plane ticket and an uber to the uhaul... lol

Comment

Lol I love this

Comment

Swedespeed96, I make you the same offer. Lol

Comment

🤣😂 I’m sure it does lol. I’m sadly selling an 05 S80 T-5 and if I came home with a parts car after selling that....ohhh boy would I be in the dog house. I have a strict no more then 2 Volvo’s at a time limit...atleast for now

Comment

You guys are talking about limits for how many cars u can have while I’m out here a 17 year old kid barely affording the parts for my only car. This feed has also basically turned into a advertisement post for v70rgt. I did tell my dad about it and he was kind of interested.

Comment

Please do not mistake our joking around for lack of compassion. ALL of us feel your pain and have been in your shoes at one time or another in our early wrenching years. We are here to support you and give you honest feedback...and maybe some smiles here and there hopefully. 😄

Comment

I still say fix the engine you got. I brought my head and new exhaust valves and seals to machine shop. They did the work, resurfaced it,bead blasted it and checked all the specs. Repainted it and the intake manifold aswell.. around 400$

Comment

I know it's all fun and jokes and I'm only encouraging it. We have to all start somewhere and I knew sooner or later my Volvo addiction would start so why not start it now. I used one of those websites that take the part you need and send it out to a lot of places around the country and a I got a few responses but I still have to call and ask about them. I've looked into rebuilding it and even the cost of just taking it out and shipping it is a lot and that's not including the actual process of rebuilding the engine which would be even more. The repairs are beyond what I can do with the simple tools that I have in my garage. Based on cost it just seems cheaper and better to buy and install a new engine plus my engine has a lot of miles put onto it so hopefully I can find a low mile one that'll last longer.

Comment

Sounds like it makes sense for you to do the engine swap given all the circumstances. Keep us posted on what you find and where

Comment

Will do. I’m also going to see if I can find a manual to swap in too.

Comment

Working...
                                X