No announcement yet.

850 Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In no way was I trying to be disrespectful. I'm in my 50s and have been in your shoes many MANY times in the past. Enjoy the process of learning about repairs and how to do them. You WILL make mistakes. Learn from them and move on. Continue to try as it will help you get better. No haters here.

Comment

Was only a suggestion as the price you posted for just an engine was just a little less than I'd sell you an entire car.

Comment

Yeah I’ve started to learn and I want to go to college and be a mechanic and open my own shop so this is kind of the start of it for me and I’ve already hit problems with it. I’ve put on springs, upper strut mounts, brakes, and a air intake and have had problems already. I’m gonna find everything I can before I make a decision. I’m working on this with my dad so I’m not in a hurry to get a engine right away so I just want to get everything I can and then make a decision on what to buy. Thanks to everyone who’s helped me with this and I’ll continue posting on what I find to get some feedback on what’s good and what isn’t.

Comment

I just got off the phone with lkq and takes about the engine in Idaho. He said it’s a glt engine that has been run tested, 85k miles, and no issues. Reason it was scrapped was the car got it but it was in the back so the engine was not affected.

Comment

Snag it. 85k is super low miles

Comment

Right now that is #1 on my list but I have found 2 other engine. I have the information about them and codes if anyone can tell what the specs:
              2.3L (turbo), VIN 58 (6th and 7th digit, B5234T5 engine)
              2.3L (turbo), VIN 57 (6th and 7th digit, B5234FT engine)

Comment

Agreed buy that motor. 85k is not even broken in for those lol

Comment

If I’m not mistaken.. the B5234T5 serial is out of a T-5R with 225hp I could be wrong the FT is the same motor

Comment

I looked it up and it says that the B5234T5 is a automatic transmission so if I get that motor would I still be able to manual swap it. Also it only has 87k miles on it too and seems to be in good shape.

Comment

If it’s got 58 for the motor designation on vin yes. That is a T-5R motor Looks like you hit a little jackpot!, All t-5rs were automatic imported to the US, unless you get your hands on a euro spec one or someone did a manual swap. Yes you can manual swap that with relative ease as long as you find a manual non turbo parts car or source parts separately. Very cool find especially with low miles

Comment

The VIN 58 is a t-5r motor but the 57 is the same motor just out of a non t-5r. If the 57 is cheaper with similar miles, go for that

Comment

Here’s the engine that I’m looking at please let me know what you think and if it’ll be adaptable to a 5-speed manual

Comment

Please make sure to read reviews of the company you are ordering from !! I can vouch for LKQ but not familiar with this company you are buying from. Read Yelp google and yahoo reviews before confirming your buy!

Comment

Thank you for reminding me about that. I’ll look it up on the better business bureau too because that’s where you can find out if a company’s really bad.

Comment

Just checked reviews about the company and it seems like a borderline scam company.

Comment

Working...
                                X