Announcement

Collapse

Volvos Through the Gorge - Volvo Car Cruise

It has been quite some time since we have been able to get together. During this unfortunate time everyone has been doing their best to navigate through unforeseen challenges. That’s why three prolific members of the Volvo community figured it would be best to partner up and host a car show before summer ends. IPD, Vol-Tech, and DLR Nordic got together and organized a car meet followed up by a drive through the majestic Columbia River Gorge ending up at Murphy’s Family Watering Hole in Bingen Washington. We hope you’ll join us for lunch. This is purely a gathering of enthusiasts looking to have some fun and chat about their Volvo. We look forward to seeing you September 25th!

SATURDAY 25th 8:30am

CAR MEET AND DRIVE THROUGH THE GORGE EVENT

We will meet at IPD Volvo at 8:30am. If the main lot gets full we will start parking cars along Ainsworth Circle right outside of IPD’s driveway. For those who want to go for a drive through the Columbia River Gorge, we will leave IPD at 10AM. The caravan will hit I-205 North and then head out HWY 14 East to Bingen Washington (directly across from Hood River) For those of you joining us for lunch at Murphy’s Family Watering Hole you will receive a $5.00 off coupon.

Note***** IPD, DLR Nordic, and Vol-tech are not responsible for any incidents or accidents that may occur during this drive event. Everyone who attends will be driving and participating at their own risk.
See more
See less

850 Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought so...first red flag was flexible on price or make offer or whatever it said, I lost 200$ on a company similar to this a few months ago for S60 transmission

Comment

That’s rough. There’s another company that I has the same engine for $2200 so I asked for miles and condition. The place is in Alabama and the lady running I talked to and was very nice and very helpful so I’m gonna look more into that.

Comment

Just my personal opinion but I think that’s way to expensive

Comment

Yeah that is a bit expensive. I'll see if I can get the price down on it once I get the information about it.

Comment

That's crazy high for just an engine.

Comment

The place with the expensive engine has really good reviews and they have transmissions for sale so I’m going to call later today and ask about the engine more and see if I can get a transmission. I’ll try to talk prices down based on what the engine and stuff looks like.

Comment

Ask about if they compression check them also

Comment

I know you are young and often that will work against you with negotiations. Shady people will take advantage of you if you let them. Just be careful as over 1000.00 is a lot for a running used motor. Most I've ever paid was 600 delivered.

Comment

Get a written guarantee with confirmed compression numbers. Volvo literally made millions of those engines.

Comment

I’ll write all this down to make sure I don’t for get it

Comment

So what did you find ?

Comment

This is the $2200 that she was sourcing for me and she got it down to $1400 for me. I asked about compression number and everything and she said everything is good. They don’t know if the turbo got stripped out so if it’s not in there I think I can take the one off of my current engine and put that on. She also found a manual transmission for $700 that’s in good shape too and it says that it doesn’t come with speed sensors but I don’t think that matters because those are only for automatic transmission.

Comment

Everything is also ready to ship out whenever I want them too.

Comment

One of my concerns is why was it 2200$ and she was able to get it down to 1400$. That’s quite the jump. Like V70rgt said.. get confirmation of compression in each cylinder, these motors love to drop intake or exhaust valves. If you don’t get a turbo have yours rebuilt before install if you have the means. Does the trans include clutch assembly and shifter ?

Comment

They just closed so I barely missed them but maybe for some miracle I can get ahold of them but otherwise I’ll ask them all fo that tomorrow. Is there anything else I should ask them?

Comment

Working...
                                X