No announcement yet.

850 Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're gunna need the pedals, cables etc for the trans.
    It must be a turbo motor!!! You CAN NOT SLAP A TURBO ON A NON TURBO MOTOR!!! the compression ratio is completely different and not compatible.

Comment

For that money I hope you get a return policy and a warranty of some sorts

Comment

She said it is the b234t5 which is a turbo motor she just doesn’t know if the turbo is on because they said if they get a request for the turbo they take it off but it is for sure a turbo motor. I’ll make sure I get very things with the transmission and I get a 3 year warranty and can return it within 24 hours for a full refund. When I ask for compression numbers what would be good numbers for it?

Comment

If they didn't compression check it while still in the vehicle then it didn't happen. All of your external stuff will bolt on fine but you'll need gaskets n stuff. You should also buy the camshaft tool off of eBay for about 50 bucks and replace the timing belt cuz if it breaks, you'll need a cyl head job an valve replacement. I know it's tough but DON'T STEP OVER DOLLARS TO GET TO NICKLES.
          Last edited by 05V70RGT; 02-05-2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks I’ll let my dad know and I’ll make sure to ask questions about the compression numbers. The lady’s been helping me out a lot and giving me a lot of information so I think I can get the numbers.

Comment

Well said!! I hope the shop you are taking it to for the swap is reputable and knows their Volvo’s. Always one more thing to keep in mind...is this worth the time, money and effort you are putting up for this car. By the time all is said and done it’s possible you could have just found another 850 or even V70.

Comment

The place itself isn’t know for volvos but they reach out to other places and the place they found the engine at has some volvos and I think does some stuff with them. That’s why I’ve been sending all the info to you guys to help me out. I’ve looked at other volvos and stuff around here and all there is is 240s with a ton of miles and there’s about 7 850s around my area but every one is trashed in a junk yard and I’ve looked up some on websites and there is ones no where near me. I’m planning on keeping this car for a while and maintain it for a long time. Like I said it’s kind of my project car and I want to learn this stuff for the future.

Comment

I figured that was the case you wanting to keep the car. Just wanted to make sure you explore all options.

Comment

So moving forward. If you are planning on getting that motor, now is the time to stock up on parts to replace before it goes in. Get a pad of paper and just start price shopping all the sites
                    IPD
                    *** euro
                    autohauseaz
                    rockauto
                    summit
                    viva performance
                    and any other sites you find!
                    Also call your local autozone, o Riley’s and Napa to get quotes, alittle time spent on price shopping will save you hundreds in the long game, especially with the parts you will be looking at.

Comment

So moving forward. If you are planning on getting that motor, now is the time to stock up on parts to replace before it goes in. Get a pad of paper and just start price shopping all the sites.

Also call your local autozone, o Riley’s and Napa to get quotes, alittle time spent on price shopping will save you hundreds in the long game, especially with the parts you will be looking at.

Comment

If you don’t mind can you make a list of everything I should replace then? That’ll be a lot of help.

Comment

Absolutely! And I’m sure V70rgt will chime in or anyone else with anything I missed
                          timing belt
                          tensioner
                          idler pulley
                          water pump with gasket
                          thermostat with gasket
                          Complete PCV system
                          serpentine belt
                          alternator
                          lower motor mounts
                          upper and lower radiator hoses
                          Rebuild turbo
                          all rubber hoses related to turbo system
                          transmission torque mount

All of that is subject obviously to your budget and if it’s been addressed already. Start with that for now

Comment

Pretty good list. Obviously some are more important and urgent than others

Comment

Ignition system as well.
                              plugs
                              cap
                              rotor
                              wires
                              coil

Comment

Great call. Totally forgot about those A must do !

Comment

Working...
                                X