No announcement yet.

850 Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just off of the top of my head about a year ago my dad replaced some of those things but I’ll have to check with him. Thanks that helps out a lot.

Comment

That’s great. Already ahead of the game

Comment

I have to wait until Monday to call for more info because they’re closed on the weekends which sucks. I also need to get a new exhaust since the flange is different which is ok because I was planning on getting the ipd exhaust upgrade but I was hopping to wait a bit before spending a lot again but I guess this is just what happens when you do this stuff.

Comment

So I assume the new motor includes the turbo ? Since you have to get a new exhaust

Comment

Sorry correction. IF the turbo comes with it. I’m really hoping it does though.

Comment

So any updates ?

Comment

Not yet, I've been really busy lately and sports are starting back up so I haven't really had a chance to call back and ask more questions. It might be a bit but I'll keep working on it when I get time.

Comment

This weekend I finally have some time to get this done. My dad wants to try one thing to see if the engine can be fixed at all so we'll be doing that this weekend and I have a few questions to ask the place about the engine and transmission so expect a final result this weekend or possibly earlier.

Comment

We'll be waiting

Comment

• Can’t wait

Comment

• Just go off the phone with the lady and the engine has been run tested and compression numbers are good. I asked about a ecu and it doesn’t come with (would I even need the ecu or could I use mine?) and the transmission is just the transmission no clutch or anything but she said if I put the order in for it she can try to find me a ecu, clutch, shifter, etc.

Comment

• Also I found someone with a crane and I’m trying to find someone who know how to take the engine and stuff out but we have a few people to ask if they could do that.

Comment

• Your ecu will be fine. To make it an R just find an R ecu that's where the power comes from.

Comment

• There is a special hose that goes on the back of the motor right above the exhaust manifold. IT'S A SPECIAL HOSE SO DO NOT USE REGULAR HEATER HOSE!! YOU MUST GET THE PROPER HOSE. IT'S ONLY 4 INCHES LONG BUT BETWEEN 10 AND 30 BUCKS DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU GET IT. DEALER OR ONLINE

Comment

• eBay is your friend for the missing transmission swap components I know of atleast 1 shifter for sale on there currently

Comment

Working...
                                X