No announcement yet.

850 Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know where I could get that hose? I was thinking eBay for the missing parts because eBay has everything.

Comment

• Just a crazy idea I thought of, I’m going to keep the engine after the swap so I can take it apart and and rebuild it to practice working on engines and under stand the engine more. If the engine comes with a turbo, is it possible to take my turbo right now and put it on there to make it a twin turbo set up? Not saying I’m going to do it but that thought just came across my head.

Comment

• You'd need to figure out an exhaust manifold to accept 2 turbos but where there's a will, there's a way.

Comment

• So would the ipd exhaust not accept it then because that’s the one I was looking at

Comment

• Your manifold and turbo will bolt up fine.
            if you're gunna try to make it a twin turbo, then that's an issue. You'd need a custom exhaust manifold to bolt on 2 turbos onto one engine. But if you know the right people, anything can be done.

Comment

• My friends dad is a mechanic and he’ll probably be the one helping with the engine installation so I’ll ask him about it and see what he says. Would the ecu have to be changed at all if I add a second turbo or should it just apply it automatically?

Comment

• I'm sure you'd need to get it tuned at the minimum. A better use of money would be to upgrade the turbo and a good tune.

Comment

• I can send you pics anything in specific you want?

Comment

• Here it is. Sorry about the bad quality, my phone cameras broken.

Comment

• I just ordered the engine and transmission I’m going to get them in April since that is my schools spring break and I’ll put the engine in then. In the mean time I’ll slowly start taking the engine out little by little.

Comment

• Good man. Take lots o pics and label everything you disconnect. Use pieces of cardboard and make a sketch of the part you are removing then you can poke a hole and put the bolt thru it to keep track of where they all go because the length of bolts can be different even on the same part. White or yellow paint markers are good too. Take your time, use your head and you'll be fine.

Comment

• And start stocking up on parts and materials for the swap
                          gaskets, washers, hose clamps and the big stuff for when the motor shows up. Timing belt assembly, pulley, tensioner, water pump, PCV system and anything else you would see fit

Comment

• I’m going to Colorado for a week in two days but then when I’m back I’ll start it. When the engines out I’m going to keep it and disassemble it in my garage to understand the engine more and know how it works. That’ll also make it easier to get the engine back it and working again too. Just curious how many hours do you think it’ll take to swap the engine and transmission?

Comment

• For a rookie, idk. Maybe a day to get it out.

Comment

• I also made sure to ask her if I can get a ecu, clutch, clutch pedal, and shifter. Is there anything else I should get?

Comment

Working...
                                X