Leaky cabin filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky cabin filter

Hey guys. I’m having a problem with water and snow and ice coming down my windshield and funneling underneath the cowel directly into the cabin filter. Multiple gallons at a time flooding the passenger side foot well. This weekend I’m going to make a plastic cover to fit over the filter so I can draw air from the driver side And keep the water from going straight down. Is anybody ever had this problem before with the 850?

Haven't experienced the problem myself, but the usual culprit is plugged up drains on the plastic cowl under the wipers.
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Remove the drain pipes under the front cowling below the windshield and blow compressed air through them.

Comment

All of the above

Comment

Sounds like the cause. Battling the same issue on my 98 s70 did the cowl drains helped a lot make sure you have a tight seal on your sunroof if not, it can leak down the A pillar.

Comment

All drains are clear... the cabiin filter is soaked. The water is coming between windshield and cowel and straight thru to the blower motor...I know on the later models have a plastic water deflector that goes over the filter . I’m going to try to retrofit one onto the 850
            Last edited by 850ARE; 02-18-2021, 03:08 AM.

Comment

The seal around your windshield may also be at fault.

Comment

Thats true i suposse. Dont see how that would cause the cabin filter to ben soaked though

Comment

I fixed this exact problem by replacing all the weather stripping on the cowl and on the filter plastic area where the top plastic pushed down onto the cowl itself. I put it around the ridge where it pushes down to and have never had an issue again. The clogging issue is usually the culprit cause the water backs up on the cowl area and seeps under the plastic part that pushes down. Idk if any of that makes sense but it does if you’ve pull all that apart at any point

Comment

There are four drains that could be plugged. Two are the ones that are easy to see with the hood up, and most likely to be clogged. The other two you can get to with the plastic cowl removed. One's in front of and sort of hidden by the fuse box, and the other is in a similar location near the cabin filter.

Comment

Working...
                    X