850R cut out under light throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 850R cut out under light throttle

New issue last week. Car has been running great then out of nowhere, under very light throttle the engine cuts out very briefly and stumbles, if I give it some gas it will catch itself from stalling. Then when I try to go WOT the boost is there but power is definitely not and seems to hesitate after the trans kicks down a gear. To me it seems like I’m loosing fuel pressure possible fuel pump ? No check engine light and every part in the ignition system has maybe 4,000 miles on it also has a new fuel filter What’s everyone’s thoughts ?

A year later, check your vacuum lines, and your throttle body hose, no cracks or tears, and make sure it is firmly connected on the bottom of the IAC

Comment

Appreciate the response. Found out the problem a week after posting. My MAF was failing and it was causing a CEL but the light bulb in the dash is apparently burned out lol. Problem was solved with a new MAF

Comment

Originally posted by Swedespeed96 View Post
        Appreciate the response. Found out the problem a week after posting. My MAF was failing and it was causing a CEL but the light bulb in the dash is apparently burned out lol. Problem was solved with a new MAF
        ok cool. you are welcome, yes, these cars are pretty darn sensitive to the MAF, I clean mine pretty often

Comment

it takes about a year of running w/ check eng lt. on to burn it out. I know since my abs light finely went dark.

Comment

It's over-boost. If your throttle was wide open you wouldn't get the fuel cut, but because you are half throttle ECM kicks in the over-boost which cuts the fuel. Solution? Turn the waste gate nut 1/2 turn to the left.

Comment

Car is running flawless with no issues and plenty of power, exhaust and a boost gauge to be installed in the next month for the up coming IPD Garage sale !!!!!

Comment

I was having same issue and replace MAF with a Bremi brand MAF.. no problems for a year now wouldn’t start. Put back in the old MAF and starts fine.. wtf

Comment

Working...
                X