Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torn Diaphragm in Oil Filter Separator/Breather Box

Greetings,

I have a 2012 S60 T5. Recently, it started making a whistling noise which I tracked down as coming from the diaphragm in the oil separator/breather box. I noticed IPD sells an aftermarket diaphragm and Volvo doesn't sell a replacement diaphragm. Volvo only sells a replacement separator/breather box. I wanted to replace the diaphragm but was unsure it will fit in my separator/breather box. The item is question is this https://www.ipdusa.com/products/2163...38685-31338685

The description for the product mentions that for P1 chassis, this product fits a breather box with number 31338685. Being that my Volvo is a P3 and the breather box has the number 30788494 on it, I assume this item will fit my car? If anyone has done this replacement with this part on a P3 chassis, would they able to confirm it will fit my in the breather box I have?

Thank you.

Thank you for your post.

IPD part number 140065 is the replacement oil filter separator box diaphragm for your car. We updated the description to reference both P1 and P3 T5 models. You're good to go. It will be nice to get that whistle fixed. I'm glad you noticed it and caught it before it becomes a bigger issue.

Good luck
    Chris Delano
    IPD Vice President
    800-444-6473
    [email protected]

V70R Flash Green Test Mule / 2012 XC70 T6 Aventyr Project / 2010 XC60 T6 Aventyr Project / 2002 XC70 Soccer Car.

Comment

Originally posted by IPD-Chris View Post
      Thank you for your post.

IPD part number 140065 is the replacement oil filter separator box diaphragm for your car. We updated the description to reference both P1 and P3 T5 models. You're good to go. It will be nice to get that whistle fixed. I'm glad you noticed it and caught it before it becomes a bigger issue.

Good luck
      Thanks for the quick reply and confirming part fit. I ordered the diaphragm and will post back after I complete the repair.

Comment

Nicely done! Thank you for the support and order. It will be nice to get rid of the "whistle" Good Luck!
        Chris Delano
        IPD Vice President
        800-444-6473
        [email protected]

V70R Flash Green Test Mule / 2012 XC70 T6 Aventyr Project / 2010 XC60 T6 Aventyr Project / 2002 XC70 Soccer Car.

Comment

Was finally able to replace the diaphragm. No more whistling sound.
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X