Lower control arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower control arms

Anything difficult involved in swapping out LCAs?
    Thanks,
    mike

Hi Mike,

Are you referring swapping out meaning to replace them with new control arms or looking to swap out from a different model & retro-fitting to your current one? Let us know or you can call us directly at 800-444-6473. Any of us CS Reps can assist you. Looking forward to your call.

Thanks

Comment

I just meant replacing with new stock units. Ball joints feel like they have gone out and it looks like the whole lower control arm needs to be swapped out. Any special tools (other than ball joint fork) or techniques I need to be aware of? Thanks. Mike

Comment

On a P3 chassis vehicle like your's, the new control arms have new bushings and balljoints pre-installed so you won't need any special tools for that aspect. As for the job itself, I think you just need standard tools like a good socket wrench set (an impact gun would certainly help) and a torque wrench to tighten things up to spec when you're done. Here's a tutorial video showing how to do the job, hopefully this helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Hk97w8Pf0

Again if you need any clarification or want to bounce ideas off someone, feel free to give our Customer Service Team a call.
        Customer Service guy | [email protected] | 800-444-6473 ext. 181

Comment

It's a pretty simple job. If you're handy, you can do it.

Comment

Perfect. Thanks. Will get the order in this weekend.

Comment

Turns out what I thought was bad ball joint was a very bad strut bearing. Only 50k miles -never seen one go that early. Guessing there was a curb involved in its prior life. Ordered complete new strut parts for both sides from IPD. Thanks for the help. Mike.

Comment

P3s are far from light vehicles. I've seen them fail sooner. Genuine Volvo parts are far better than most aftermarket.

Comment

Good to hear - I ordered all stock bits. Unfortunately bearing and a couple other parts on back order it looks like.

Comment

Working...
                  X