Engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swap

currently dive a 2009 s60 2.5T P2 with pole star tune punched simply wondering has any one ever seen a P2 S60 engine swapped i want to go JZ swap but LS offers more power for usually less space any advice is greatly apreciated money isn't really a issue but mostly looking for ease of install and fitment

LS swap is going to be a huge job. Fwd vs Rwd, transmission? It'll never fit unless you're a very capable fabricator and even then, probably not. Why not build a 5cyl? 400-600hp and WAY lighter.

Comment

• whiteboi143
      whiteboi143 commented
      Editing a comment
      my only problem with building the 5cyl is i think I've done just about everything i can to it engine is bone stock finding cams heads larger turbos parts to send a piston to heaven and people that will tune a volvo is next to impossible i have recently found that volvo made a v8 engine for i believe the xc90 also heavily contemplating stripping it down to bare essentials make it a real sheet box

Check out some other forums and online Volvo build articles. The guys over in Sweden and Norway do big power 5 cylinder builds all the time. If you say money is no issue then I’m sure you could source or find a way to build a bad 5 cylinder. That way you don’t have to hack and try to squeeze a motor into a car that wasn’t designed to have it.

Comment

• whiteboi143
      whiteboi143 commented
      Editing a comment
      can you point me in the way of these people websites and forums

There are tons of things out there to build a serious 5cyl.

Comment

Google is a wonderful thing

Comment

Snabb, viva performance, elevate, are places you can find parts, duke city turbo bricks sells turbos for Volvo so you have options out there for sure to build it up. viva performance Caries a lot of different performance internals if you are looking for more than 400hp.

Comment

Working...
        X