Rear Washer Check Valve Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Washer Check Valve Location

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am working on my 1998 V70 GLT, determined to fix the rear windshield washing system. The wiper works, however the fluid does not come out of the nozzle. It has been suggested that I need to change the check valve, but I don't know exactly where I might find it I have a picture, which shows that it might be in the upper part of the hatch door, or maybe it is in the top of the car body. Anyone have an idea? Thanks, Robert

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-05-20_10-47-53 (2).jpg
Views:	147
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	1444Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-05-20_10-47-53.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	298.0 KB
ID:	1443 So, the rear washer fluid on the P80 wagon being non-functional is super common. I've had 4 99 V70s over 10 years, and EVERY SINGLE ONE has done that.

There is a check valve in the hatch, on the top side, just behind the spray nozzle on the window. The line for the washer fluid comes out the hinge on the passengers/right side. You just need to pop off the top trim of the hatch, the main piece on the bottom doesn't need to come out. To remove the top trim piece, there are 4 clips mounted into the top of the hatch. You want to pull the trim down, towards the bottom of the hatch to pop them out. I would also suggest having spare interior clips for the top trim as they have a tendency to easily break.

The clip in question is this: https://www.ipdusa.com/products/6020...-volvo-9132876
    Last edited by Quick_Silver; 05-20-2020, 08:58 AM. Reason: Forgot to upload photos.
    1999 V70R GT- mystic silver/charcoal - Custom build. Low-mileage base body, T5M power train, and all 99 R parts. Too many upgrades to list. My Child.
    Previous cars: 1999 V70 T5M, 1999 V70R AWD, 1999 V70 GLT, 1986 Nissan 300ZX

Comment

• IPD-PaulK
      IPD-PaulK commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude this is super helpful!! Thanks for the great photos, stuff like this is what makes forums so useful.
Working...
X