Car - Low Coolant. Me - No it's not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car - Low Coolant. Me - No it's not!

I have a 2000 S70, and the low coolant light keeps coming on.
    I stick a straw in the tank, and bobble the float around a bit, and it goes back off . . .
    For reference, I just replaced the coolant tank with a new aftermarket one from ebay, I don't know if the car did it before that, because I replaced it when I bought it.
    Also for reference, I have K-seal in the coolant (Which is fresh).
    Any ideas on how to make it stop crying wolf?
    I have a 2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE

Hi again! Did you replace the fluid level sensor that plugs into the bottom of the tank too? They get damaged pretty easily during the install process, so that may be the source of your finnicky fluid level reading.

Every once in awhile the float inside the tank (the one you've been poking) can come broken on defective units, but in my experience the sensor is a more common failure point.
    Customer Service guy | [email protected] | 800-444-6473 ext. 181

Comment

Do you think it's possible that the K-seal (Stop leak) Is tricking it, and a new sensor won't fix it?

Comment

Faulty sensor I'm sure. Pick n pull and grab a couple of them. Cheap, easy to replace. Check the coolant level as it could just be on the edge of enuf or not enuf.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys.
          I pulled the sensor off, cleaned it, and found the wires pulled from the bottom a little, with exposed wire.
          I put liquid electrical tape on it, and it hasn't come on yet.
          If it trips again, I'll replace it.

Comment

Working...
          X