Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRS 133 - Removed seats, and SRS light came on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRS 133 - Removed seats, and SRS light came on.

Hi, I have a 2000 S70, and I took the seats out and the SRS light came on.
    I got a scanner, and it says I have a code SRS-133 (Driver side bag high resistance) and it won't reset (It says it is present).
    Any ideas on how exactly to diagnose what I may have damaged taking the seats out?
    I inspected the cord noted from the scanner under the seat, and it has no obvious damage (but could still be damaged). . .

Should I just replace the whole exposed cord?
    Or how would I go about checking the cord?
    Or could it be a totally separate problem?
    Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
    I have a 2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE

Hi, it's possible you didn't damage anything. I think the system just threw a code because you took the seat out without unplugging the battery first. You can get an SRS code the same way when you take the dashboard pad off, because to do so you have to unplug the passenger side airbag. SRS codes are annoying to clear because you either need a dealership to do it, or an independent mechanic with a VIDA/DICE set up. You can get your own VIDA DICE rig going to clear the code yourself, but you gotta spend a couple hundred bucks to get to that point first.

I hope this helps!
    Customer Service guy | [email protected] | 800-444-6473 ext. 181

Comment

My friend who is a mechanic lent me a scanner.
      How do I tell if it capable of resetting it?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	1479

I agree with Paul-K. You DON'T HAVE TO disconnect the battery to avoid tripping an SRS light, but I highly suggest it. The car automatically performs an SRS diagnosis/check when the battery is connected, and the key is in the ignition and put to the on position/#1. If you say, had your radio on while the seat was removed, that would throw an SRS light. Unfortunately, once an SRS light is tripped, reconnecting the airbag will not get rid of the light. There most likely is nothing wrong with your seat, but the system requires Volvo's propitiatory software (Vida DiCE) to remove the code. It was designed in such a way as once the system detects a fault, Volvo really wants an authorized dealer/mechanic to make sure your SRS is okay. So, you don't want to pull a me and leave the battery connected. xD

The scanner in question, it should look something like this if it is capable of resetting an SRS light. I have a knock-off Chinese version of the Vida DiCE system from eBay, picked it up for about $100 a few years ago and it has been a life saver (and paid for itself a few times over) since I've probably been dumb at least 3 times now and tripped the SRS light when removing the dash pad, hahah. Even was able to use it to diagnose all the errors on my friend's S60R for him, so it's super useful if you plan to have a Volvo(s) for a while. Also note, the Vida DiCE system does not work by itself, but requires a laptop/computer to connect to that runs the software. IIRC, you will need a computer with Windows 7 Pro and Internet Explorer 8 or 9 to use it. We have a laptop solely for diagnosing my car.
        Attached Files
        1999 V70R GT- mystic silver/charcoal - Custom build. Low-mileage base body, T5M power train, and all 99 R parts. Too many upgrades to list. My Child.
        Previous cars: 1999 V70 T5M, 1999 V70R AWD, 1999 V70 GLT, 1986 Nissan 300ZX

Comment

• IPD-PaulK
          IPD-PaulK commented
          Editing a comment
          Words of wisdom right here!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200521_125628.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	674.5 KB
ID:	1489 The scanner I have, is just a generic one. "Creader professional CRP123 running launch" to be exact.
        It's funny that you mentioned taking the seat out, while you have the radio on.
        Because I disconnected my battery to take the seats out, and then I realized I needed the battery to move the seats to access the bolts.
        I then took the battery cable back off, and realized I couldn't get the seat out without leaning it forward (I later discovered the "flip forward" feature that would have worked better anyways).
        So then, since I had the battery in, I figured I mind as well listen to the radio . . .
        My local tire shop said they are capable of resetting the light for $25 . . .
        Take it there and see what happens?
        Or do I need to check the wiring first to make sure I don't throw $25 down the drain?
        Attached Files

Comment

I went to the mechanic around the corner from my house, and he reset it for $10!
          No more glaring red light!
          Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
          X