1998 V70 R Turbo Rebuild Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 V70 R Turbo Rebuild Question

I have been undergoing a turbo swap on my 1998 V70 R and was wondering where I could send the turbo for rebuilding or upgrades. Any help is much appreciated!

It's not difficult to do. You can purchase a rebuild kit or a cartridge, tear it down, CLEANLINESS IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE, have it balanced, reinstall

Comment

If you're REASONABLY mechanically inclined, can find the correct info, and have the time and space, almost any auto repair is doable at home.
      best advice,
      TAKE LOTS OF PICS
      BREAK THE JOB DOWN TO SEVERAL STEPS
      HAVE THE PROPER TOOLS
      A CLEAN CAR (engine compartment) MAKES IT FAR EASIER TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOUR CAR AND FAR EASIER TO TAKE APART AS WELL AS PUT BACK TOGETHER
      Last edited by 05V70RGT; 08-03-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Depends on where you are located, I had Turbo Technology in Tacoma Wa rebuild my 15g. I didn’t trust myself to do the work myself and not loose a gasket or screw or something. Money well spent

Comment

There isn't anything all rocket sciencey about a turbo or rebuilding a turbo. Not all that many parts either. Judging from your posts, I'm pretty sure you could handle it.

Comment

Well I appreciate your confidence in my mechanical abilities! If it’s as easy as you say I may give it a crack someday. I have been wanting to upgrade to a bigger turbo, or maybe a 16t compressor wheel

Comment

This is basically it
              Attached Files

Comment

Obviously, a rebuild kits has a few more parts but not many.

The bonus here is the kits are less than $100 with a full cartridge about $400
                Last edited by 05V70RGT; 08-05-2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X