Need Help With Coolant Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With Coolant Leak

I have a coolant leak and found this hose (sorry if it's hard to see in the picture) that appears to be the culprit. This is behind the engine, passenger side. It looks swollen and seems to be spitting coolant everywhere.

My question is about the bolt right above it. It is directly above that small coolant line and appears to have a spring on it. Is this potentially something that could be leaking coolant as well? Or is he just an innocent bystander?

Thanks in advance!

I misspoke. Innocent bystander. Change the hose but be sure to get the correct type. Don't use common rubber hose. It won't last and it could be a catastrophic failure if you don't look at your guage every 30 seconds while driving
    Last edited by 05V70RGT; 09-24-2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate the help!

Comment

IPD sells a silicone version of that little piece of hose, if that one is leaking the I would assume some other coolant hoses are not far behind it. Every charge pipe elbow and coolant hose is silicone in my car. Having done all that it exposed a week link in the cooling system as I recently blew a heater hose, which is quite common on 850/v70 because it sits in a location That gets lots of heat oil blowby that deteriorates the rubber. I would recommend a good stage 0 and replace or upgrade all the hoses.

Comment

Working...
        X