xc90 Sunroof fix / workaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xc90 Sunroof fix / workaround

I have a 2004 xc90 with sunroof that it will not open. I have tried all the easy stuff disconnect battery, 3 lock unlock procedures. looking for help.

Have you checked the fuse? It's 15A fuse number 26 under the cap on the left side of the dash. Page 145 https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/manua...nual/om_id/635

Comment

Do you get the "alarm system service required" message? The sunroof is directly connected to the alarm module. Using the remote outside the vehicle, lock and unlock the doors, get inside and turn the key to on. The message will appear if there is a problem.

Not sure if it's the same setup as the cars, but the alarm module may have failed, which is extremely common. Some people cut the module in half and repair it, others just replace it.
      - 2008 XC70 3.2, 148k. Started the addiction. Taken too soon from this world.
      - 2001 V70 XC, 2.4T, 249k. The one that taught me how a P2 is put together. Sold.
      - 2004 XC70, 2.5T, 228k. Another victim of reckless drivers.
      - 2004 S60 R, M66, 189k. Rehabilitation almost complete.
      - 2006 XC70 Ocean Race #51, 2.5T, 166k. The one my wife picked out.
      - 1991 Grand Wagoneer Final Edition, 162k. The other one my wife picked out.

Comment

It's easy to get open. It could be a bad solder joint, CORROSION, a broken trace, etc. So it could be a cheap or even free repair.

a can of electronic connection cleaner and some DIELECTRIC grease.

Comment

Have you looked on the SwedeSpeed forums? My problems started with the "alarm system service required" message. The problem is a battery built in to the module that corrodes onto the circuit board. I obtained the replacement module but haven't braved the steps to remove / replace it.

The alarm module is located in the right from fender, requires removing the right front tire then the wheel liner.
          Last edited by [email protected]; 06-28-2020, 12:34 PM. Reason: Adding location of the module on my XC-90

Comment

Working...
          X