What did you do to your Volvo today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you do to your Volvo today?

I installed polyurethane bushings into my front sway bar end links. Tomorrow I am going to head to the hardware store to get some pipe sizes for pressing out torque rod bushings.

I looked outside just to make sure she was in the driveway, took a nap and then its time for the Sunday wash!

Comment

Unsuccessfully tried to unlock my radio, trying a different truck method tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Swedespeed96 View Post
        Unsuccessfully tried to unlock my radio, trying a different truck method tomorrow
        Unlock radio?

Comment

I swapped out the center console trim with trim I pulled off a junkyard car for my 99 V70 GLT. I also snagged the wiring harness and a complete drink holder for the cubby between the front seats. Now my heated seats and 12 volt plugs work perfectly. Turns out a simple aesthetic and creature comfort fix can make all the difference in the world!
          Customer Service guy | [email protected] | 800-444-6473 ext. 181

Comment

Entered the wrong radio code and got locked out, trying to reset today

Comment

I began swapping my leather 850 seats with the seats from an 850R. Going to have to do some wiring to get power to the passenger side as the car wasn't pre wired for a power passenger seat.

Comment

Finished an 855R interior swap into the wife's 855 turbo. This is our "almost" R as it has everything the original R has except the VIN number

Comment

And tried to get my miserable pile o junk 70Rs Transmission to work. Again, EPIC FAIL.

Comment

Would love to see pics of the R interior swap!

Comment

Ok, I'll snap a few tomorrow and the one thing that isn't going into the almost R is the wood veneer dash. I personally think it looks rediculous in the 850 as neither of the 2 available back then went with the rest of the interior. Volvo dropped the ball on that one.
                      Last edited by 05V70RGT; 05-17-2020, 10:19 PM.

Comment

So that's the rear bumper after I installed SMALL LED LIGHTBARS inside the bumper with custom made trim rings and mesh cover. She needed the extra light because all windows are 5% (limo) and it was difficult for her to see out the back. NOT ANYMORE.
                        Last edited by 05V70RGT; 05-18-2020, 06:55 AM.

Comment

The steering wheel is an R and it was my first attempt at a re-wrap. It's the wife's car and she wanted the stitching to match the color of the car. It takes hours to complete.
                          Last edited by 05V70RGT; 05-18-2020, 06:50 AM.

Comment

The repaired and painted upper section of her almost R Front bumper as well as the repaired and primed front lower.
                            oh, and the rear bumper of my V70R

not sure why the rear interior looks like 2 different colors but it's not.. used almost every piece of the 855R interior. Even the carpet. The donor R interior plastics were almost perfect. Only one rear "D" pillar speaker cover was broken. Got another good one. And the right rear 1/4 panel upper interior plastic was cracked. Repaired.

​​​​​
                            Last edited by 05V70RGT; 05-18-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I made (1 of 2 so far) golden torque rods.
                              Last edited by squareknot; 05-18-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X