What did you do to your Volvo today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squareknot View Post
    After an eternity dealing with other IRL things, I was able to get back to my suspension work. I installed one of two rear trailing arm bushings into the axle. I went for the second one last night and everything went south quick. So, I'll have another go at it this weekend.
    Good luck squareknot, you got this.
    Customer Service guy | [email protected] | 800-444-6473 ext. 181

Comment

I successfully pressed both new IPD poly axle bushings into place and at the time of this writing, the trailing arms, shocks and, axle are all bolted back together! I still have the springs and IPD sway bar to reinstall, and all bolts are only hand tight. Here's a pic of the rig I used to press the bushing. This is just one of a few different configurations I used.

Comment

Originally posted by squareknot View Post
        I successfully pressed both new IPD poly axle bushings into place and at the time of this writing, the trailing arms, shocks and, axle are all bolted back together! I still have the springs and IPD sway bar to reinstall, and all bolts are only hand tight. Here's a pic of the rig I used to press the bushing. This is just one of a few different configurations I used.
        Done! The entire rear suspension is bolted back together. Poly bushings, new Bilstein B4s, and IPD overload springs and sway bar.

Comment

Well it was a couple days ago. But I bought it. 09 XC70 with 167,000. On the clocks. It’s not perfect but the body is solid with no damage and it runs great. New tires/pressure sensors today and I did a deep clean on the interior and mounted the rooftop basket rack.

Comment

• squareknot
            squareknot commented
            Editing a comment
            Any pictures of the new ride?

Yesterday was my first drive in my 240 in about 18 months! I am excited to say nothing caught on fire or fell off. There's still a few small things left to do, but it is pretty exciting to complete a huge list of jobs on the car and finally have it back on its wheels.

Comment

Congrats - 1 year and a day since you first posted about it here!
            Considering all you've done, that's impressive speed.
            But....................Peeeektures?

Comment

• squareknot
              squareknot commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, thanks! I will post a few pics after a wash and wax, but atm it still looks like a car that has been in a garage for over a year. :/

I was able to get my windshield squirters working again. I was afraid the pump was burned out or rusted solid. However, it seems to have just been some funk in the lines. A little compressed air and then a push pin to work the nozzles a bit.

Comment

Today was a detail day. Armorall many surfaces inside and out. I am trying the McGuire's Back to Black on the outside trim strip along the bottom of the doors, but still very grey. All the glass is clean now. I also ordered some relays and wires to get the fog lights hooked up.

Comment

I have tried every make and variation of “plastic restore”. Nothing works as well and really gives the plastic a nice shine as meguires hot tire shine.

Comment

Bought new tires yesterday. Installed the Transmission Torque Mount Friday. Well, the back portion. I couldn't press the larger bushing and ran out of time to cut-remove. I'll give it another go this week, I hope.

Also need to find the source of my clunk. I thought replacing the bad bushing in the TT Mount would be the solution. The clunk is very intermittent, typically only from P-->R or N-->R, and more likely when the car is warm. New transmission only has 9000 miles on it and doesn't sound internal. Upper Motor Mount replaced a few months ago, which decreased motor movement significantly. I have the passenger side motor mount on hand, so that is an upcoming to do item.

Comment

Working...
                  X