10,000$ 850 dream build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10,000$ 850 dream build

So if you had 10k to burn and wanted to buy or build your dream p80 chassis 850, what would you buy or build? Would you start with a cheap runner and modify to the sky? Would you buy a rare yellow t5-r ? Totally hypothetical, just always think about this and what I would do. Would love to hear from all the Volvo lovers out there no matter what the car you drive. Cheers

Just starting 850R rebiuld from car that's been sitting in a farm shed for 9yrs.
    Its going to cost about $10,000 to bring it back to New.
    One owner, black on black auto.
    Always wanted an 850R so far its needs alot of mechanical replacement
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 242GT850R; 07-06-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I think I would start with a junker that needed lots of love. Think I'd look for one with little to no rust, and not too much body damage. A clean interior would be a plus too.

It would probably be an automatic, so I'd definitely be looking to do a manual swap, either M56 or M66. Getting all the parts together for a job like that would be fun...but at least I could afford it with that 10k! Then I'd throw some dope coilovers on all four corners, and some kind of slick 17 inch rims. Probably not pegs, I wanna mix it up you know?

Then I'd for sure through a fatter turbo in there, RIP kit, HDTCV, all that good stuff. And for once I'd clean the engine bay top to bottom! Can think of a lot of other mods to be done for sure...then I would drive the hell out of it.
      Customer Service guy | [email protected] | 800-444-6473 ext. 181

Comment

Sounds like a badass build !! Are you keeping the bottom end stock or building it with rods and pistons for higher boost?

Comment

• IPD-PaulK
          IPD-PaulK commented
          Editing a comment
          Would probably keep it stock, although that's not a bad idea...

My build would consist of a hopefully 97, wagon GLT light pressure turbo in either white or maroon. Not a complete junker but definitely not pristine so I wouldn’t feel bad adding and modifying.

I’m yanking the motor for a mild build, polished crank, stronger rods and pistons, and a port and polished head. I would want about 400whp so a nice sized turbo and meth injection and gotta do the manual swap also.

Here is where I would go crazy. I’m chopping the roof off behind the driver and build a custom wall behind driver to look stock and making a 850 camino, ripping out the carpet and spraying a bed liner coating. I’ve got all the room back there now,
        I’m mounting an air tank and putting the car on adjustable airbags for that perfect stance whenever I want it.

S60r big brake swap and then doing a BBS looking of style of wheel, gold or bronze spoke with chrome lip. Interior just swapping seats and gauge cluster from a 2000 V70R. Now that i read this over I may have to do a lot of the work myself to come in under budget lol

Comment

• IPD-PaulK
          IPD-PaulK commented
          Editing a comment
          Yoooo I love the idea of an 850 camino!! People have been making the 240 trucks, but an 850 version would be siiiiick. Here's hoping you can bring such a beast to life someday.

Start with rough wagon.
        strip entire shell to metal
        seam weld everything I can under as well as in car
        etch prime
        sealer
        seal all seams with "seam sealer"
        no sound deadening on outside ie; tar or mat
        repair all dents
        prime and seal
        color coat and clear ( not sure color yet)
        Full cage
        4 Recaro seats
        safety harness all 4
        fire supression system engine compartment as well as passenger compartment
        all new glass. Tinted. 5% (limo)
        3 PC BBS WHEELS
        STICKY SHOES
        a better paddle shift trans 6-8spd
        big dawg power 500-650hp
        rear wheel drive
        HID headlamps
        led tails (with dash mounted off switch)
        radar, lazer detection
        nice looking engine compartment
        minimal wires and hoses

seriously I can go on for pages
        Last edited by 05V70RGT; 05-11-2020, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Sorry, STICKY SHOES
          STRIP ENTIRE SHELL

Comment

Very cool build v70rgt! I like the totally smooth and shaved hot rod exterior look! Are you still using Volvo 5 cylinder engine or would you swap a LS motor or maybe an old school 5.0 with some sort of forced induction?

Comment

5 cylinder
              Darton sleeves
              forged pistons
              H beam con rods
              ARP everything
              ceramic bearing big turbo

nothing sounds like a wicked 5

Comment

One HUGE problem

$10,000.00 is nowhere near enough money. Motor alone will top 10k

(sad trombone) playing in the background.

Comment

Lol. You sound like a pretty smart guy, especially with doing all the body work yourself I think you could make it happen, that sequential gear box might be the thing that puts you over the 10k. But let’s be honest what build have any of us had that we said to ourself “I’m only going to spend x amount on this car”. Hahahahaha

Comment

Every build I've ever done, for myself as well as customers, have gone over budget. But I know that going in and sometimes you have to spend. It's a PAY TO PLAY thing.

Comment

Oh, and the bodywork is no problem as that's what I do 10 to 12 hours a day. For over 35 years. Unfortunately. Lol

Comment

I'm keeping mine stock as it was a good clean one owner body shell with above average interior.
                        Just needs a major mechanical service, so far rebiult everything except motor and gearbox, had stainless exhuast so leaving it alone.
                        Its a auto so the wife can drive it.
                        Its been qiute a learning curve.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Tint those windows !

Comment

Working...
                          X