Profit over service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profit over service

I'm really getting sick and tired of everyone everywhere trying profit off Covid-19. The line "we are trying to keep you safe" all the while SELLING a mask with the company or band logo on it. STOP THE BULL ****! If cared about people's safety you'd be GIVING away mask NOT making a nice healthy profit from it.

Its a ill wind that doesn't blow someone some good, as some one once said.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigertatt View Post
      I'm really getting sick and tired of everyone everywhere trying profit off Covid-19. The line "we are trying to keep you safe" all the while SELLING a mask with the company or band logo on it. STOP THE BULL ****! If cared about people's safety you'd be GIVING away mask NOT making a nice healthy profit from it.
      At IPD we donate the proceeds to a local non-profit we partner with. Nursingale is the organization we raise money for every year. We also donate masks to organizations that are able to utilize the ones we sell.
      Chris Delano
      IPD Vice President
      800-444-6473
      [email protected]

V70R Flash Green Test Mule / 2012 XC70 AT Project / 2002 XC70 Soccer Car.

Comment

• Tigertatt
        Tigertatt commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be fantastic information to post/print into all those emails you spam people with to buy your masks. Might be even more helpful to toss a few in for free when someone orders parts

There should also be a separation of FORUM AND SALES .
      I was under the impression that this was the beginning of what could be a world class Volvo forum but is obviously an attempt to sell more IPD stuff.

NO ADVERTISING!!!

Im willing to bet almost everyone on this forum so far would be an IPD customer and already receive IPD sales emails, a lot. WE DON'T NEED MORE SALES ADVERTISING but what would be nice is MORE IPD EMPLOYEE TO FORUM INTERACTION unless they don't bring anything more than sales to the table.
      IMHO
      Last edited by 05V70RGT; 07-22-2020, 01:29 PM.
      ASE Certified Mechanic
      Journeyman Body & Frame Repair Technician
      855 Turbo ALMOST "R"
      V70R
      C55 AMG
      Grey market Brabus
      BMW 540 touring
      BMW 525 touring
      BMW 325 touring
      Lotus Esprit. settle down, it's a 77 S1
      LOOKING FOR AN E30 WAGON

Comment

Every forum I belong to has some advertising, that's how you keep one going. Honestly, my brain no longer even sees the ads!
        That said, 05V70RGT's suggestion has merit. IPD would best be served with the staff being present to help the posters. If you have product that could help, them post a link. If not, the make suggestions (ie "Your only option is to go to a dealer. or junkyard. or ebay. etc.

Giving proceeds to Charity is good.
        Being quiet about it is also good, even biblical.
        However, throwing in a free mask, sticker, t-shirt, or even panties with an IPD logo is simply good, inexpensive marketing.

Comment

• howmuchforagram
          howmuchforagram commented
          Editing a comment
          A complimentary mask might make me reconsider buying from ***, which I generally do because of the marginal price difference and lifetime warranty.

• IPD-PaulK
          IPD-PaulK commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm going to make an effort to be more active here. Don't hesitate to shoot me a message if you've ever got a question or concern about anything. Thanks!

"Or even panties" he said... lmao
        ASE Certified Mechanic
        855 Turbo ALMOST "R"
        V70R
        C55 AMG
        Grey market Brabus
        BMW 540 touring
        BMW 525 touring
        BMW 325 touring
        LOOKING FOR AN E30 WAGON

Comment

Originally posted by 05V70RGT View Post
          There should also be a separation of FORUM AND SALES .
          I was under the impression that this was the beginning of what could be a world class Volvo forum but is obviously an attempt to sell more IPD stuff.

NO ADVERTISING!!!

Im willing to bet almost everyone on this forum so far would be an IPD customer and already receive IPD sales emails, a lot. WE DON'T NEED MORE SALES ADVERTISING but what would be nice is MORE IPD EMPLOYEE TO FORUM INTERACTION unless they don't bring anything more than sales to the table.
          IMHO
          You've been posting up a storm from the beginning here and you clearly have way more knowledge than a lot of folks (including myself). So first of all, thanks for that. Second of all, I totally agree that it would be super depressing if we started this forum JUST to try and sell more parts to people. I think that's a pretty cynical take, but I totally understand where you're coming from. Wouldn't be the time a company pulled that kind of nonsense.

My goal, and the goal of my coworkers here, is to foster a healthy community of Volvo enthusiasts to share their love and knowledge with fellow nerds from around the world. If it looks like we're steering away from that goal, let me know. I'm an open book and I want ya'll to feel heard and comfortable.

Sincerely, thank you everyone for being here. If you ever wanna talk one on one feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] or call me up at 800-444-6473 ext. 181.

Comment

Thank you IPD staff and moderators for hearing and responding! I'm sure most of us here would be thrilled with a more "hands on" approach from your peanut gallery to aid our peanut gallery.

THANKS FOSHO!
            ASE Certified Mechanic
            855 Turbo ALMOST "R"
            V70R
            C55 AMG
            Grey market Brabus
            BMW 540 touring
            BMW 525 touring
            BMW 325 touring
            LOOKING FOR AN E30 WAGON