SELLING: 1998 V70R saffron -parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SELLING: 1998 V70R saffron -parts

My neighbor ran into the front quarter about two months ago and bent the frame I think. Insurance totaled it and is lowballing me. I’m not a mechanic so I’m just going off what I can see but it was running well before it was hit. Full maintenance records since I bought it in 2014 as well as additional photos available upon request. Odometer rolled over to 200,000 miles before it was hit but I had just spent $4k to install a new transmission before COVID, so it only has 1,000 miles on it. Just trying to figure out what I can get for it before I hand it over to insurance. Ideally I’d like to sell it whole. Most likely it needs to be trailered.

Aw man, what a bummer! I pmed you for location.

Comment

You should ask insurance company how much to retain title before you make any decisions

Comment

Don't let them lowball you. Find ads for similar vehicles in similar condition to prove your cars worth to the adjuster.

Comment

Originally posted by 05V70RGT View Post
          Don't let them lowball you. Find ads for similar vehicles in similar condition to prove your cars worth to the adjuster.
          Yeah, it’s been pretty shady. They said they won’t look at personal sales in the valuation; only authorized dealers’ prices. In this case, because they only made 400 of these, they can’t find any to compare it to so they have been using S70s which are obviously a totally different car. 👎🏻

Comment

Pay for a professional inspection and once you Cas the check you are done so make sure you're reasonably happy. If not, let them pay you but retain title so you can repair it or sell it for more money. DON'T LET THEM SCREW YOU!

Comment

Judging by the pics, it's not that bad. You can also choose where and how it's repaired.

Comment

Working...
              X