850 R Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 850 R Engine

My engine for my 850 glt is basically dead so I’m looking for a 850 R engine and ecu for it in good condition to swap in.

Only difference between an R and glt or other non R is the factory tune. Put any turbo motor with your R ECM, you'll be golden

Comment

It’s not that I’m just dumping my engine, my engine is basically broken beyond repairs and it on its last life. I’m trying to get a R engine and I’ve been looking around but if I have to just buy another glt one I’m ok with that.

Comment

How are you going to know if the engine you want to buy is from an R? It's just a turbo motor, that's it.

Comment

Hopefully if I find a engine I can call the place and ask about it. I want to try and get the R engine just for a little extra power but if I can only find a glt engine I'll still be happy to take it.

Comment

Think about it, you are trying to find an old engine that most likely has a lot of miles, many of which are HARD miles, in a wrecked car. Nobody is going to sell you a 25,000 mile engine out of a pristine, R driven by their grandmother. You'll get one flogged to death and pulled from a crumpled hulk. AND have to pay a premium for it because it has a 'R'on it.

Sorry but just being realistic.

Instead, get your GLT engine, maybe out of a low mileage east coast rust bucket, get some improved induction and exhaust goodies, maybe a chip and you'll be ahead of the game.

Comment

Yeah I’ve realized that. I’m just trying to find anything and see what I get and make plans based on that.

Comment

Originally posted by wtruttman10 View Post
                Yeah I’ve realized that. I’m just trying to find anything and see what I get and make plans based on that.
                Best of luck to you my friend. I'd recommend you reach out to a place like https://www.lkqcorp.com/buyparts/ or http://www.portlandimportautoparts.com/ on your hunt.
                Customer Service guy | [email protected] | 800-444-6473 ext. 181

Comment

was'nt the glt low pressure turbo motor a 2.4? You basically want any 2.3 which are all turbo. In Europe the R manual had the 16t instead of 15t but not here.

Comment

Working...
                  X