Announcement

Collapse

Volvos Through the Gorge - Volvo Car Cruise

It has been quite some time since we have been able to get together. During this unfortunate time everyone has been doing their best to navigate through unforeseen challenges. That’s why three prolific members of the Volvo community figured it would be best to partner up and host a car show before summer ends. IPD, Vol-Tech, and DLR Nordic got together and organized a car meet followed up by a drive through the majestic Columbia River Gorge ending up at Murphy’s Family Watering Hole in Bingen Washington. We hope you’ll join us for lunch. This is purely a gathering of enthusiasts looking to have some fun and chat about their Volvo. We look forward to seeing you September 25th!

SATURDAY 25th 8:30am

CAR MEET AND DRIVE THROUGH THE GORGE EVENT

We will meet at IPD Volvo at 8:30am. If the main lot gets full we will start parking cars along Ainsworth Circle right outside of IPD’s driveway. For those who want to go for a drive through the Columbia River Gorge, we will leave IPD at 10AM. The caravan will hit I-205 North and then head out HWY 14 East to Bingen Washington (directly across from Hood River) For those of you joining us for lunch at Murphy’s Family Watering Hole you will receive a $5.00 off coupon.

Note***** IPD, DLR Nordic, and Vol-tech are not responsible for any incidents or accidents that may occur during this drive event. Everyone who attends will be driving and participating at their own risk.
See more
See less

Projekt We Don't Roll, 1973 Nova Hatchback Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projekt We Don't Roll, 1973 Nova Hatchback Custom

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9375.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	1647 This project started off some years ago bench racing at work. While talking to a friend, he was asking my what my next project was going to be, already having built a 1993 Turbo'd V8 S10, 1995 850 T-5R, 740 Turbo and 940 Turbo, I said that i'd always wanted a Chevy Nova from the early 70's. As the discussion progressed i threw it out that it would really twist some heads if i put the B230FT from my 740 into it. He really got a charge out of it, being an old school Volvo guy, his dream of wanting a 164. The conversation came to an end and a few days later he sent me a link to craigslist with this car for sale. I jumped on it, emailing the guy before i left work that night and went and bought the car that weekend. 4-5 months later it was put together and running. The LH2.4 was taken from my wagon and i spent some 25+ hours tracing wires and eliminating unused circuits. A more detailed write up can be found here. https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=10448

Name:	IMG_4570.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	1642

Name:	IMG_8032.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	1643

Name:	IMG_9355.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	1644

Name:	IMG_9341.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	1645
    Attached Files

More engine bay shots, first is an uncut LH2.4 setup from my 1990 740 Turbo wagon. Where it all began

Name:	IMG_3309.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1649

Original engine setup from the 740 wagon, intake is powder coated and i cleaned up the ports and smoothed out the plenum for slightly better flow.

Name:	IMG_7988.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	1650

Nathininwa intake manifold. Unobtanium nowadays since he left the T-bricks scene years ago.

Name:	IMG_7975.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1651

Name:	IMG_8050.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	1652

New layout for the LH2.4 wiring, still having some strange gremlins with it. At this point i'm leaning towards a Microsquirt pnp setup just for the added control.

Name:	IMG_8926.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	1653

Comment

Upgraded brakes

Name:	IMG_8904.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	1673

Name:	IMG_8905.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	1674

Name:	IMG_8909.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	1675

Comment

I remember this build! I'm so glad to see that it's still going strong. I love the turbo shield by the way. haha

Comment

yep, still on the road, i have about 8000 miles since i pieced it together. Runs good, much better with 4:10 gears in it now.

Comment

Sitting out in my garden looking back, this seemed like a nice back drop. Going to be installing smaller injectors this weekend, down to 33lbs from 36lb'ers. May have to look into a different FPR.

Name:	FullSizeR.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	968.4 KB
ID:	2183

Comment

Swapped over the injectors today. Had to do a little machine work to make them fit the way i need them to. A quick spin on the lathe and done. The reason i swapped them out is at wfo, in order to dial the a/f ratio in i had to drop the static pressure at idle to around 20psi. Not good for fuel injection. I upped it to 46lbs and will drive it like this before i get hard on it. I generally don't go wfo in this car so where it be it will stay till Microsquirt.

Name:	IMG_9463.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	2226

Name:	IMG_9464.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	1,011.2 KB
ID:	2227

Name:	IMG_9466.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2228

Name:	IMG_9467.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	2229

Comment

time to put the 300zx away for the winter and take this babe back out...

Comment

Slow year last year with all the garbage going on. Didn't drive the Nolvo too much. Did however replace the Poly engine mounts with Rubber ones. Still shakes a lot more than i'd like it to. Tempted to redesign it with the 740 style engine mount and isolators.

Comment

Working...
                  X